Always wanted to be chair? This is your chance!
Are you an excellent delegator, a brilliant public speaker and a dazzling negotiator? Are you looking for an opportunity to prove yourself? This is your chance: the UCAA is looking for a new chair!
As a chair, your first responsibility is the proper functioning of the board. This includes chairing meetings and knowing exactly what needs to be done, but also finding new board members when necessary. Secondly, you’re in charge of maintaining the official relations with UCU, and the student organizations UCSA and ASC. In this position, you will be representing the UCAA with a speech during UCU’s graduation ceremony twice a year. Finally, the UCAA’s short- and long-term strategies are in your hands.
Is this you?
- You have experience being part of a board; chair or management experience is even better.
- You have a vision and you’re able to convey it.
- You’re well-organized and you like to take initiative.
- You graduated from UCU and still feel connected.
- You’re able to attend meetings in Utrecht both during office hours (with UCU staff) and evening hours (with the board). Living in or close to Utrecht is a plus.
- You’re available for about six hours per week, working from home or the UCAA office on campus, starting from December 1.
In return, this position will give you:
- Valuable experience in chairing an organization on the border of education, including professional contacts with the UCU management.
- Appreciation from over two thousand alumni and a chance to contribute to campus again.
- An excellent addition to your CV.
- A motivated and fun team to work with, consisting of alumni ranging from the class of ’06 to the class of ’13.
- A small financial compensation every year for your time and effort.
Does this sound like something that you are cut out for? Send your CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, November 16. For more information, contact Roeland van Beek at the above email address or via 030–2539858.